Three weeks ago, during the early stages of lockdown in Europe and the US, PER launched the ‘Taking the Temperature’ survey to measure how coronavirus was affecting hiring, compensation and confidence in private equity. Today, amid ongoing restrictions, we’ve published our first full report.
- Only 11% of recruitment processes cancelled, 24 % continuing as planned
- Majority of respondents expect team sizes to stay the same, with almost a third predicting increase in investment team sizes
- Two thirds expect to see a decrease in bonus and 84% expect base salaries to remain the same
- Smaller firms more likely to use job retention schemes, over 90% of respondents said they were not currently using the schemes
- Half of respondents report a decrease in their sense of job security
- Optimism about fund performance improves in the medium term
Read the full report for a detailed breakdown of the data and selected insights from our contributors.
Read our 'Taking the Temperature' report
We’ll send out a survey again and update our findings once we’ve seen a significant change in governments’ responses to the coronavirus situation.